Video Deconstruction/Decontextualization

HuskyStarcraft Remix

For my video deconstruction project I decided to indulge my inner nerd and remix StarCraft II replays by HuskyStarcraft. I started out by creating downloading a variety of replays that contained memorable parts, such as "drop the double forge", the intro, and "thosdamjuice" which sounds like something quite inappropriate when pulled out of context (which is the point of de-contextualization).



After I had the videos I linked the sound and arranged it in Final Cut Pro. Once I had a decent sounding mix, I exported and XML over to Logic Pro to start mastering the audio and adding music. 30+ tracks, and many hours later I arrived at a mix I really liked. I then ported it back to final cut where I overrode the sound with the new audio I had created and adjusted the video to reflect the changes and added credits.

Overall the project was enjoyable, and I look forward to sharing it with Mike (Husky) and his fans.

This is my last post for this blog, to continue following my projects visit:
Facebook.com/MichaelEasterArtist

0 comments:

Post a Comment