videoarets.com

For a lot of the video art sections, they were either under construction, or removed for copyright claims. I have commented on a few that I was able to view below:

The first one I saw was Video Arte en Portugal with "Scratching the Surface".
In this, the artist took a piece of grafitti and transformed it into a piece of mixed media surface art. It looks phenominal, but the video art is in how it was recorded and preserved. The artist manipulated time of course, and took a variety of different angles and shots, incliding those observing the act such as the cat and the birds. Time lapses were also included and cuts that broke time in two.

The second one I viewed was the Video Arte Siglo xx "parking"

I like this one because it involves direct involvement with something the artist is not involved in, and it did so in a way that you can't tell at first if it's miniature, or the cars are real and pretending to be changed, which was the case. It was a little short, but it was sweet.

The third one I really liked was the third on that page "Video Flag"

This took a simple idea of a video installation of a flag and combined it with a montage. I liked how the content matched the sections of the flag, and had a political influence.

Source:
videoartes.com

0 comments:

Post a Comment