Watch Animations (Animated Gifs)

 http://annstreetstudio.com/2013/03/21/amans/

So I'm trying to recall which animations we were supposed to watch, and since we already posted on the stop motion section in BluBlu, I figured the Gifs were a good topic to do.

The first one I clicked on was the one that stunned me. The cinemagraphs at http://annstreetstudio.com/category/cinemagraphs/

In a second I was mesmerized by the pool with the steam coming off of it. I had never seen gifs used in such a way. Where the scenery remained static and there was just a component that moved. The natural beauty of the pool and the high level water was emphasized by the fog cascading off the surface. It almost feels more like a photo still, just with a more immersive effect. Needless to say I was taken aback and for lack of a better word mesmerized.

The rest of the gifs on the page were not as astounding, but I like how the second one with the one person defying time tells more of a story than it does create an environment, and the same goes for the fourth. The third with "Right on the MARC". While this one says it has a goal of a person looking on a city she is going to conquer, I suggest otherwise. While if we could see down the side of the building from the outside, it would look like the suggested story, however the stance of the woman and her position toward the glass tells another story to me. That she is trapped by the glass by the city, and her sad looking face and lackluster apparel make her look more like a slave to the city, or that she is trapped, longing to get out.

While this kind of interpretation lends itself to photography, I believe that this isolated time element adds dramatically to the story and appeal, while not completely separating the work of art from photography into animation or film.

0 comments:

Post a Comment